Subtle changes in your ability to hear sounds can be difficult to detect because of how slowly hearing loss typically progresses. Although children are frequently tested, most adults don’t even think about scheduling a hearing exam like they would their vision. So why should your hearing be any less critical than your vision?
It’s important to have routine hearing tests, here are six reasons why:
- Spotting the Signs: Everyday situations can reveal potential hearing problems. Do you regularly need people to repeat themselves? Do you have a hard time hearing in loud environments? Are you continually turning the volume on your TV up? It’s time for you to get a hearing test if you answered yes to the majority of these questions.
- Following Guidelines: The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association recommends hearing screenings every decade until age 50, and every three years thereafter.
- Family History Matters: It’s even more crucial to call us for an appointment if hearing impairment runs in your family.
- Establishing a Baseline: Baseline hearing tests provide a reference point for future hearing assessment comparisons, permitting you to monitor changes in your hearing over time.
- Early Diagnosis and Treatment: Issues, such as earwax accumulation, or noise-induced hearing loss, can be recognized early on by regular hearing tests, avoiding additional damage.
- Diagnose Medical Conditions: Root medical conditions, including kidney disease, cardiovascular disease, or high blood pressure can in some cases be indicated by hearing loss. If you do have one of these disorders, managing it may help your hearing.
Your physical safety, emotional well-being, and social life are some of the extensive consequences of untreated hearing loss. Hearing aids can significantly improve your hearing and total quality of life, allowing you to fully participate in conversations, enjoy social gatherings, and stay alert to important sounds in your environment.
Don’t miss out on the sound of a loved one’s voice, the laughter of a grandchild, or an important work meeting.
Safeguard your hearing and keep enjoying the sounds of your life by making an appointment for a hearing examination with us right away.